Sunday, December 27, 2009

A New Years Resolution We Should ALL Make

So yesterday was a huge wake-up call.

I was at work cashier-ing, when a woman came through my line and asked, "how far along are you?" I said "what?" She then dug herself a deeper hole and asked, "well, are you pregnant?"
My reply, "No, not pregnant, just fat." and I smiled at her. I proceeded to laugh about it with the coworker who had heard the mess and never let it get to me while I was at work.

It wasn't until I got home and was talking to my boyfriend when I had a full-on breakdown. I told him what had happened and could not stop crying. Clearly, I needed to loose more weight than I thought. I love myself, and I'm happy not being a size 2, however, I know I could use some work, and yesterday was a huge wake-up call.

I have vowed to beginning my new year's resolution early and hitting the gym first thing tomorrow morning. I also need to do some grocery shopping and throw out all the chocolate in my cupboard. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it. I have had my meltdown, and now its time to build myself back up. I will not let this keep me down!

After work yesterday I felt really down and decided to stop at 7/11 to pick up some magazines as a pick-me-up. I placed a copy of Nylon with Hilary Duff on the cover on the counter. The cashier looked at me and pointed at the magazine, "is that a picture of you?" he asked.

I know it was all in jest, and I just laughed and said I wish, but that one little compliment turned my whole evening around. You'd be surprised, that girl you told had cute shoes on the subway this morning may have been feeling down, and you picked her up. I think the perfect new year's resolution would be to pay at least 2 people a day a genuine compliment. I promise it won't just pick up their day, it will make yours also.

1 comment:

  1. I compliment strangers on things all the time! Loves it!

    ReplyDelete