Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm Preachin the Same Gospel- Love Thyself!!

So I must begin by apologizing for my hiatus, but I have had several computer issues lately.

However we have loads of things to discuss! Like current trends, events, and weight loss!

Lets start with trends shall we? I have noticed that the whole nomad, tribal, safari look is creeping back just in time for summer. And frankly, I love it. Khaki is a perfect summer neutral, and the tribal prints are so fun and colorful! Today I bought a beautiful Elephant necklace to echo that trend from Forever 21 ($5.80)


Plus, accessories are an easy way to test a trend by dipping your toes in the pool instead of diving in headfirst.
Although I did jump in headfirst and I bought a beautiful dress for around 20 bucks, its a 3-quarter length sleeve A-line dress with a black bodice and african-inspired pattern skirt and a belted waist :) It makes this curvy girl look a bit thinner and enjoy the season's hottest trend!

But enough about trends. Has anyone seen the trailers for Kirstie Alley's new show "Kirstie Alley's Big Life"?? I mean give me a break. She is ill representation for fat girls everywhere. "Boo hoo I was skinny in my 20's and I've had two kids and now I'm old and fat!" Congrats BEEOTCH! I'm in my 20's and I've never had any kids and guess what?? I'm about as big as you are!! Sorry I had to let my fat rant out!
Besides, you cant just diet for a little while and expect to keep the weight off. You literally have to change the whole way you think about life! I have, and you know what? I'm doing pretty damn good so far.

Not only is her whiney attitude annoying, but in the previews to her show she states, "I hate being fat, I've never been 'large and in charge' or proud of my curves" (I paraphrased a little, but thats pretty much what she said). No one likes being fat, trust me, its not enjoyable watching size two's eat their weight in french fries and cheeseburgers while I eat a salad with olive oil and still weigh around 200 pounds. However, if you are a curvy girl, BE A CURVY GIRL! It's ok, the world will still embrace you.

Which leads me to my next revelation. I was at a wedding in Santa Cruz two weeks ago and I learned a thing or two about myself. First off, it was a gay wedding and I went with friends from my old schools Gay-straight alliance. Right off the bat it was a crazy cast of characters.

I realized among this particular group of people that it doesn't matter how you dress, or how thin you are, or how you do your hair or makeup, or if you are pierced or tattooed, gay or straight, black, white, polka dotted, whatever! Just find the people in the world who love you exactly the way you are and stick with them! I realized my friends love me- my curvy, blue-eyed, bottle-blonde, vegan, tattooed, spiritual, poetry-writing self. And I love them just the same :)

So if I end up loosing all the weight, I'll be really proud of myself, but if I don't who cares, everyone will still love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment