Monday, November 9, 2009

Facing the Gym

So I finally got off my lazy bum and headed into the gym today. I know it's difficult for anyone to get up and go to the gym, but sometimes I feel that as a plus-sized girl it's especially difficult. There are TONS of deliciously hot people at the gym, and it's easy to get down on yourself if you're not a size 4.

Then again, there is a reason these people are ridiculously cut- they practically live at the gym. I think a balance in life is certainly the most important thing one can achieve. Definitely go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, but go ahead and enjoy a slice of pie after dinner too. As long as it isn't every night, don't kill yourself trying to get skinny. Because let's not kid anyone any more- HEALTHY is the ideal look, not skinny.

With that said, what shall we wear to gym? Here are some of my best finds :) Enjoy!


^Here is a champion sports bra ($33 on champion.com, about $15 at Target), I cannot work out without one of these. However, my boobs err on the larger side, so I also wear a regular bra underneath to keep my girls in place. If that idea doesn't appeal to you, grab a sports bra with underwire.


^A lot of women (mainly the skinny ones!) show up to the gym in some ass-hugging booty/bike shorts that fit like a glove. Congrats for them. For the rest of the world, these shorts will do! These wont hang down around your knees like men's basketball shorts will, and they're loose and comfy so you won't feel like anyone can see your panties. Plus, these shorts have a hidden boyshort underneath, so you'll feel extra covered.

Then just throw on any old T-shirt and get sweaty! It's not really about looking fabulous in the gym, its about feeling fabulous once you've conquered that treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment