Friday, October 23, 2009

Oh Thank Heaven!

So I took some pics of some of the accessories I bought this week at H&M and here they are:


^this is that fabulous cuff that I bought for around 5 bucks



^and here's a pic of that chunky necklace paired with a top and sweater from old navy :) the necklace was $17.95

Now I must fill every plus size fashionista in on a major fashion-world break through. Her name is Ashley Falcon, she's 20 years old and she's an intern for Marie Clare. Oh, and she's a size 18!
So the other night I was at the local 7/11 picking up some diet coke and magazines when I grabbed the November issue of Marie Clare. Hilary Swank didnt really entice me to buy- while I think she's beautiful and a remarkable actress, she kind of bores me as far as fashion goes. However, once I got home and opened the pages of this periodical, I was immediately giddy with excitement. Not only does the wonderful Tim Gunn now have his own column, so does Ashley Falcon! It's called "Big Girl in a Skinny World" and it is fabulous!
Everything Falcon would say I found myself nodding in agreement. When she stated that she went through jeans all the time because a hole was usually formed right in the area where her thighs meet I found myself going, "me too girl!" and when I learned that she decided not to attend an industry party because she was not dressed appropriately and could not hit up the local banana republic because they did not have her size I felt an enormous amount of sympathy.
I urge you to pick up a copy if you havent already, Falcon is breaking barriers and basically has my dream job! Look out for her in the coming months as well!

^a picture of the Fabulous Falcon in this month's issue of Marie Clare. Isn't she gorgeous??

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment